Neil Matthews of Other People's ShoesSep 07, 2020
Neil Matthews is the host and creator of Other People's Shoes, a podcast designed to help us see the perspective of...what else...other people. Neil has a passion for helping you gain a glimpse into a life that is different than yours. He helps you see the similarities and the differences that make us human.
Other People's Shoes is published every Wednesday and you can get it wherever you get get your podcasts.
Stories Neil shared:
- Using a Zoom H4N Pro he sold his guitar to purchase
- How his wife encouraged him to start a podcast
- Learning to get over his own voice
- Why he chose a show about perspective
- Neil's favorite episodes of his show
- How cool it is when an episode serendipitously meets current events
- Learning not to procrastinate
- Following curiosity for podcast interviews
- What to do when a question stumps a guest
- The next season of his show, What Happens When
Great quotes from Neil:
I had a mic and a cord and just started recording.
I didn't know about Christian Podcasters Association but if I had, I think I would have been more successful in launching.
I wanted to understand what it was like to be somebody else.
If you can be 3-4 episodes ahead, you're going to save yourself a lot of headache and heartache in the end.
Resources we mentioned:
- Other People's Shoes website
- Neil's favorite episodes:
- Free Bronze Membership to Christian Podcasters Association